Friday 24 February 2012

The perfect oatmeal cookie?

Just checking in.  I have been focusing on finishing a research project and have got my first 2000 words out of the way - a quarter of the way there.   I worked hard o it last week and I found a great cookie recipe online after an evening spent helping in the kitchen at ferdiesfoodlab (my reward for getting stuff done!).  I will definitely be posting about my kitchen experience(s) so watch this space!  It was my first foray into a professional kitchen and I.... (you'll have to check in later to read the post!).  

I can tell you that I had the task of making the cookies (one of several tasks) and this got me thinking about what type of cookie would be best.  The ones I made were great (well - I thought so) but Why have bread when you can have a schadenfreude ?  I made the dough this evening and it will chill overnight and so I am looking forward to seeing what the results produce...  More on this tomorrow.  Exhausted!

2 comments:

  1. You sure schadenfreude is the word you're looking for? What will you be making, misfortune cookies?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I needed to use the word to be able to authenticate my blog for another site...

    No - I would not have chosen 'schandenfreude'. :-)

    ReplyDelete